Educating Yorkshire Terrier
Educational training differs from training only in that it is mainly used to promote and not used coercion and the prohibition applies only in a mild form. Generally speaking, the division into educational dog training (education) and training is largely arbitrary, since during training laid "the foundation" of the future success of training.
The basic rule is to remember that every owner of York: never use in the education and training violence. This way you can completely spoil her character. The great thing about the dog breed Yorkshire terrier - is his pride, elegance, self-confidence. Gentle, but firm and serious manners you will reach more than any violence, brutality and cruelty. Rough treatment of the yorchikom usually creates an irrevocable loss of his best qualities.
Where is the key to success in the education of Yorkshire Terrier?
The basic condition of any training is full contact between the dog and the handler. Modern Yorkshire terrier has inherited from his ancestors many valuable qualities that make it one of the most easy ability to train dog breeds. As a rule, yorchiki like to do. Therefore, it makes no sense "to force an open door." Try the first day of your communication with the dog to achieve full contact with her, based on trust and mutual understanding.
It should also be remembered that the Yorkshire Terrier - thin nature and responds instantly to every shift your mood. Therefore, proceed to its training only when you have a good mood, and there are no other worries.
Yorkshire terrier, given for education to children, often performs the role they have toys. This is unacceptable!
The puppy should not do what can not be allowed an adult dog. Any unwanted effect puppy should be immediately stopped and stopped. If the puppy will be able to nabezobraznichat several times, it will turn him into a bad habit. And habits are known to be difficult to eradicate. Termination of unwanted actions by the command "No!", Uttered tone without pain influences. With b-months of age used the command "poof", which can be accompanied by slaps newspaper.
Education and training are based on the interest of York.
For a small Yorkshire terrier puppy is first and foremost:
- The interest of getting a promotion - a delicacy. "Pocket with dog treats" - this is a mandatory application to the puppy in the house "(Osborne).
As used treats small pieces of cheese or bread, but no sugar and candy. When giving treats do not forget to repeat the command "Good!" with incentive, affectionate tone. The most pleasant for the dog weasel - scratching the sides of the neck and under his head, as if feeling her skin. There are a variety of methods for training dogs and solidify their skills. The basic method is based on the promotion of dog treat or voice. But training on this system takes a lot of time and therefore it is used along with a method of punishment. Yorkshire Terrier in the house often makes unwanted actions. It can chew valuable carpet, "try on a tooth" master's shoe. Once leprosy dog is found, it should lead to the "scene of the crime" and slightly, but lucidly slap, for example, a wet rag, explaining to her while her mistake and accompanying punishment command "yuck!"
- The interest of the owner to get the attention, lots to talk to him. Typically, puppy training is based on the game and his natural impulses;
- Interest to avoid punishment. If you reproach, the howl of a dog, make it clear, firm voice. Before punishing York, make sure whether she deserved it. Maybe your
Punishment in the upbringing of Yorkshire Terrier
In the education of York, you sometimes have to make corporal punishment - never use a stick, leash, etc. It is best to pull the dog for long hair on the nape or nebolno slap on the rump. As in any other case, and as a punishment Yorkshire terrier should not dismiss you, or even bite. If she tries to do it immediately punish him severely. He should never allow yourself.
When to start training York?
Parenting York starts with the purchase of the puppy. Dog, as well as children should be disciplined.
The first steps towards disciplining a puppy:
- Mode - regular feeding in the same hours, at one and the same place, the lack of "handouts";
- Disciplined behavior at home. Sleeping on the same site, the prohibition to climb beds and sofas, accustomed not to spoil things and furniture, and only play with their toys, and so on. N. It is necessary to train the puppy to cleanliness. This will require many) of your time, patience and care. You must make your puppy on the street many times a day as needed. This is done usually always at his awakening, after feeding and generally whenever the puppy starts to behave restlessly. In this case, it is necessary to quickly bring the puppy out. If your puppy wants to go out to facilitate the street, you need to quickly satisfy his desire. In most cases the right direction puppy will quickly learn not to soil the house;
- Disciplined behavior in the street while walking. Do not allow your puppy to chase cats. Between animals should not be at enmity, or at the right time increased interest of your dog or cat in her scent, a flying bird, or in someone else's dog can cause trouble. From infancy wean Yorkies chasing cars, motorcycles. Teach your puppy to a variety of troublesome effects - the sound of the train, tram, etc. If the puppy shows fear such things, approach him slowly with a puppy and gradually calms him with gentle words and praise;
- Weasel only on their own.
At what age to train a puppy York?
Education in 1-2 months.
At this age, the puppy develops a nickname, Subtitle "to me" and the command "Place!". Not all commands at once, - to master one step, proceed to the next.
The puppy needs to know his nickname. That he learns easily. The constant use of the name of the dog, when you are with her when you feed it, teach your puppy to learn his name almost instantly.
Subtitle dog the command "To me!" in all conditions is one of the most difficult tricks. Start at home. Before feeding, take a bowl of food, say the nickname puppy and command "To me!". Having sensed the smell of food, he will fly to you, as if on wings. Immediately praise him and give a bowl of food. We perform this procedure before each feeding. After the development team at home, you can start working out of calling in the street. Of the recommendations - "It is recommended that you proceed as follows: -Go with a puppy somewhere on a meadow or a similar place. Let him first of all thoroughly run, and then podzovite yourself. Even if you have to call a dog a few times, it never punish after the arrival, she does not understand what you punish her. If the puppy does not come to you directly, to attract his attention, for example, stomping feet, clapping their hands and as soon as he looks at you, and turn away from it. you can still use various tricks, for example, to simulate running away, squat to squat and others. puppy necessarily run up to you and as soon as he catches up with you, praise him for it, pat and let some favorite treat. this podzyvanie and re-releasing the puppy puncture while walking several times. "
Command "To me", as well as all the other teams, you need to say clearly, by the same word, without a "parasitic" word repetitions as possible. You spoke with joyful, exclamatory intonation.
Playing puppy falls asleep anywhere. Carefully, fearing to wake up, pick it up and carry on the lounger with the words: "Location, good place!". Intonation affectionate.
Training a puppy York in 2-3 months.
At this age, your puppy accustomed to the putting on the collar, leash and then, to the command "Sit!" and "Walk."
When training a puppy to walk on a leash, proceed as follows: first put him on the neck collar only. Puppy wants to reset it. However, it soon gets used to it and stop paying attention. Only after that, somewhere in the street, in a quiet place, attach the leash to the collar and the puppy go wherever he would not run. Gradually accustom him to the tension leash game or luring force gradually follow. The puppy will quickly understand what you want from him, and will gladly follow you. Teach him always to walk to your left and do not allow him to cross from side to side. Therefore, let us treat only the left hand.
Teach the puppy to sit on command is necessary as follows. Podzovite him to her so that he was standing beside your left foot, show him a treat in your right hand, say the command "Sit!" and raise your hand with the treat above his head up and slightly back. In an effort to get a treat, the puppy will lift up your head and sit down. Immediately encourage him. Repeat once more and release it to run. Repeat the exercise 2 - 3 times a day.
After a walk on a leash, unfastening leash, give the command "Walk!" and release the puppy run. The team served with radostno- exclamatory intonation.
What are studying in 3-4 months?
During this period, polished mastered team and "the end of the new techniques are introduced:" Next! "and "Down".
In developing teams in any case not overwork puppy. Takes no more than 3 - 5 minutes at a time, but several times a day, in different places: first at home, then a walk in a quiet location in the more crowded places. It is desirable, if you gave the command and immediately puppy properly fulfilled her, she encourage him and repeat the reception once again to secure, then you can move on to the next exercise.
Put your puppy on a leash in his left leg, give the command "Heel!", Pull the leash back and start moving, pulling the puppy to move beside him. During the movement try not to let a puppy from a more than 1.5 meters. If the puppy tries to run away from you, warn this tension restraining leash, but not a jerk, then loosen the leash, allowing the puppy to walk freely around you. On the move relax the puppy stroking. You can not demand that the puppy long exposure.
To teach your puppy to go to bed, put him in his left leg, show in his right hand and a treat to a command "" Stay, "Reach out with delicacy forward down. In an effort to get a treat, puppy lie. Just encourage him while pressing his left hand on the withers, hold it for a while in a lying position, if he tries to climb.
The program of education York at the age of 4-5 months.
Worked through trouble-free operation in the implementation of all of the above commands, and by the end we introduce a new advanced techniques thrown out of food and schooling to a sharp unfamiliar sounds. It is useful to walk with the puppy in the area of teaching and training platform.
Education in 5-6 months.
It previously passed the abandoned object is added to the tray with the command "Take!" and, by the end of the period, the most difficult for the dog welcome - "Stop!".
Apportirovka - this is a very difficult technique training which is carried out in several stages. If a puppy at an early age has a tendency to run after the ball or abandoned toys and take them to the teeth, it is necessary to encourage him for it. The next step will be accustom to give a puppy raised the subject of the command "Give". To do this with the command "Apport" throw the object close to himself and, after the puppy will raise him, show him in his left hand a treat, and quickly take the right toy, before give the command "Lai". You have made the exchange, all were satisfied. Repeat the exercise. The following steps mastered at a later age.
Learning "Stop!" deserves a next: The dog sits in the left leg, you gave the command "Stand" and left hand, completed up to the stomach, raise your dog pulling on the leash while his right hand up to hold the offset location. Hold the puppy in this position, encourage him.
To train the dog at the age of 7-8 months
In this age of the dog acquainted with the reception "Location!" on the street, when the place is indicated only thrown to the ground leash dogs. By 8 months, subject to satisfactory assimilation passed all the skills to train the dogs feed refusal proposed by outsiders.
By 10 months, when all the techniques and skills of general obedience, through the gradual complication of the situation, brought to perfection, in the sense of fulfillment, a dog lead to employment on a training ground where she oshalev from the society of their own kind, as if forgetting all science education begins almost from scratch, but in the most difficult situation for themselves. In 10 months, if you desire, you can start learning training.
Mistakes in Raising a puppy York
Every beginner trainer must remember that much easier to foresee and prevent error than to correct the wrong done.
1. Standard situation: the puppy is not developed, and the owner hurries home. Puppy runs every way flirts with the owner, but the team does not respond and do not come close. Oncoming puppy finally fit, and the owner does not restrain irritation, punishes him. Do not ever do that! In this case, you will need to bring all their ingenuity and lure the puppy to yourself, not running after him, and be sure to praise him when he will come to you, no matter how much time you will not have to spend on it.
2. Never beckon puppy when it come to you may not: looking for a place to recover or very busy playing with another dog. Puppy still you will not do. At the same time produced the so-called "experience of disobedience," and you need to ensure that the puppy executed command the first time.
3. The other most common errors upbringing puppy York is the following: the owner leaves the puppy or dog for a long time to run free, then it beckons, takes on a leash and goes home. York is very smart dog and quickly realizes that follows her return to the owner. If she was pleased to run free, it does not obey the recall. Need to do so: a walk from time to time beckons puppy if he goes, encourage him (give a treat), a little play around with it and release. In puppy "postponed" that you beckon it to something nicer than to go home.
4. Puppy nabezobraznichal, the owner would call to him and punishes. To do so silly. If the puppy deserves punishment, go directly to him and to punish "the crime scene." Later, the punishment will not be understood.
5. Another common mistake puppy training - a violation of the principle "from simple to complex." After all, you first need to teach your dog to sit next to you, and only then, complicating reception, move away from her farther and for a longer time. You teach your dog to overcome small natural obstacles and only then increases obstacle to the desired height. Try to strictly adhere to this principle, which will help to achieve faster progress in the education of your pet.
6. And another mistake of education - the so-called negative dynamic stereotype, ie classes occur in the same sequence in the same place and so on. Try to vary the exercises and then you can be sure of his friend, regardless of the environment.
Bringing up a puppy, you will surely encounter many problems, and the volume of this article did not reveal them all. Catching up with the puppy, you apparently do not just have to refer to the literature on training. In addition, the service dog clubs hold special courses - technological knowledge - to prepare dog owners to employment on the training field. This is a good tool for novice trainers; attending a course, you can always consult a specialist.
It is the responsibility of the owner is not only care for the puppy, feeding, but also education, and training a puppy. The process of education should begin with the onset of the puppy in your home. The first steps in education begins with communication with the puppy. When communicating owner should encourage the puppy good habits, eliminate unnecessary and teach him to behave. From 1 to 3 months the puppy should already know the basic commands and to get used to play some games.
Education and training should be carried out consistently, but unobtrusively, in a quiet environment, not overworked baby. Puppies love to chat and enjoy performing team owner.
Bringing up a puppy, you should always take into account its individual characteristics. For the correct approach, try first to determine the temperament of your Cocker. You would be surprised that dogs, like humans, are divided into four groups: choleric, phlegmatic, melancholic and sanguine. Each group is characterized by a specific relationship between the processes of excitation and inhibition in the central nervous system that is particularly the behavior of dogs. Examine the nature of your dog, you will be able to avoid gross errors in education.
York in the rack for the show in the ring!
Counter and many other things are taught in special courses
need to visit a few classes together with the pet.
Accustomed to the rack be patient. For every minute excerpts encouraged.
Teach proper rack should start with 45-60 days. Take the puppy with both hands and lift over the table with rubber coating. (For stability) is lowered onto the table first hind legs.
Then the front. Hands support the body. The right hand supports the head, the left holds back. Slightly are pushing forward with his left hand a puppy. At the same time the right hand tightens head forward and slightly upward.
Hind legs are parallel to each other.
The reception is perfect.