Problems and their solutions
Yorkshire Terrier is in good health, despite its fragile sizes, pledge of good health - regular care Yorkshire Terrier:
Yorkshire Terrier is in good health, despite its fragile sizes, pledge of good health - regular maintenance of Yorkshire - must be vaccinated as a puppy and adult dog every year;
- Before each vaccination and once a quarter spend deworming;
- Once a week Bathrooms procedures - bathing dogs;
- Do not forget to carry out the procedure trimming claws dog that they had not twisted and does not cause discomfort when walking;
- Do not forget to inspect the oral cavity and monitor the health of your teeth and gums;
- Conduct regular teeth cleaning procedure that would prevent tartar in dogs. Scientists have proved that the dental care of the dog extends, in general, the life of your pet by 20%;
- Do not run the eye care Yorkshire Terrier;
- Regularly cut tabs in York, that would be under the force of gravity on the grown their hair did not fall ears;
if you just do not have cut ears and they fell, or sometimes, ears fall to replace teeth Yorkshire Terrier, you must put the ears, otherwise they will remain hanging.
- Daily combing comb so that no tangles in the hair, take care, as for their hair, what would the six was a healthy, beautiful, silky;
- If you want to put his Yorkshire terrier on exhibitions and want to grow healthy, long, beautiful and silky hair, careful care of her. This requires patience and endurance, and carry out the procedure grooming Yorkshire terrier. Papilotok wrap. This is especially true for those who will perform for the first time such a procedure.
- The fight against fleas - a very frequent event, which applies to all decorative dog breeds in the spring and summer. Provides all the security measures of these insidious attacks of insects;
- Bespechte his Yorkshire Terrier correct and healthy diet, and above all balanced.
As anthelmintic dog?
When anthelmintic dog prior to breeding?
If you plan to breed your bitch, before a viscous, 15-20 days before estrus, you must anthelmintic dog that would reduce or avoid the risk of catching the worms newborn puppies.
When deworming puppies?
Yet newborn puppies too anthelmintic - at the age of 14 days, along with their mother. Later puppies again anthelmintic before each vaccination puppy for 7-10 days before inoculation.
How often should anthelmintic dog?
Every 3-4 months to take preventive measures, but there are other views that would prevent worms spend less - 2-3 times a year. It is worth remembering that all drugs, medicines against worms in dogs - a poison that has a toxic effect on the parasites and the dog as a whole. Once a quarter (every three months) to apply anthelmintic drugs - a big load on the body and not every breed of dog can withstand it. At the same time get rid of all worms once you still can not, some of them remain in the body, it is proved by the fact that when the bitch before delivery to all rules anthelmintic, it still sends worms newborn puppies. And tell me, is there any need for a dog at risk as a side effect of medication against worms every 3 months? In any case, the number of worms in the body of the dog be kept to an acceptable minimum and minimal damage, which can cause the dog worms. Therefore, it is sufficient to carry out prevention - deworming dogs, 2 times a year.
There are different types of worms, and each of them have different drugs (medicines) against the worms, so it is best to use drugs (medicines) against a wide range of worms, in other cases, if possible, to conduct a survey for the presence of dog worms and find out what that is, only then apply anthelmintic drugs on schedule, which will appoint a veterinarian. We strongly recommend that before, during and after giving my dog deworming hepatoprotector (CARS gepabene ...) according to the proportions of your dog, as a protection of the liver, because the brunt of medications she takes up.
When vaccinations puppies ?!
The first vaccination puppy.
As mentioned above, the first week of life, the puppy is fed breast milk, which contain antibodies that protect and puppy, but these antibodies are "killed" vaccine strains and do not give the opportunity to develop their own immunity puppy. Therefore, the first puppy vaccination should be done when the level of antibodies in the puppy will fall, and it occurs at the age of 2 months (8-9 weeks) .First puppy is vaccinated at the age of 2 months !!! After the first vaccination puppy to survive the incubation period, in this period the immune system puppy and his body is very weak, so avoid contact with other animals, other people visiting your home, as well as bathing a puppy.
Puppy vaccination schedule consists of 2 stages:
- Stage 1 - the first vaccination at the age of 40 days. You should not be vaccinated puppy at an earlier age because immunity puppy will not be formed due to the presence of antibody immunity mother received through breast milk and until the level of antibodies decreases vaccination should not worth it. Reducing antibodies begins with 6 weeks of age, and they become susceptible to infection. But vaccination should be done at a lower level of antibodies (8-12 weeks). Puppy after vaccination has to withstand the incubation period - the formation of stable immune system.
- Stage 2 - the second privivka- revaccination puppy is aged 11-12 weeks, so do not forget about inkubatike, after the second vaccination just 14 days must pass before formed a stable immunity.
Obey vaccination schedule depends on the health of your puppy!
Puppy after vaccination
Organism puppy after vaccination is very weak and susceptible to disease infection. Sustained immunity is formed on the expiration of 14 days. During this period, it is necessary to give up walking in the street, where many sources of infection with after vaccination, avoid contact with other animals, as well puppy after vaccination is forbidden to bathe, avoid stressful situations for the dog, hypothermia and hyperthermia as well as physical stress, fatigue and long-term transportation. Do not forget that the incubation period (14 days) is necessary to maintain and after revaccination.
When the puppy made two vaccinations by age, formed a stable immunity, but it needs annually to maintain that when the dog reaches the age of 1 year, and revaccination is necessary to repeat it kazhdіy year.
If the dog does not eat
First of all it is necessary to see what you have fed the dog. One possible reason for this is a new food that the dog does not know and does not consider it edible, it is also possible that you got a low-quality food or meat, you might not notice it, and immediately smelled the dog and decided to give up eating.
Yet it is worth considering whether you do not pamper your dog, because it is possible that you give it so often treats from the table that your pet does not bother to eat regular food, hoping that it will fall to something tasty.
Of course, there are dogs that are ready to eat any number of food at any time of the day, however, may your dog not one of them. A healthy dog may well refuse to eat because it fed.
Diarrhea in dogs
Diarrhea is a very common problem for all dogs. But we should not not give it much importance. Diarrhea (diarrhea) in dogs manifested frequent liquid bowel movements (sometimes with mucus or blood). If diarrhea is an isolated case your dog, then you should not worry, but if diarrhea lasted for a long time (a few days, weeks or even months), it can lead to serious consequences (dehydration, acid-base imbalance).
Causes of diarrhea (diarrhea) in dogs
a foreign body in the intestine (bone, rope, sliver, etc.);
malabsorption of nutrients;
the transition from one food to another;
food intolerance (low-quality feed);
Poisoning (a chemical poison and the like);
worms in dogs. Necessary anthelmintic dog in the absence of temperature.
ileus, which is accompanied by symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea in dogs (diarrhea)
infectious diseases (plague, enteritis, hepatitis ...);
drugs and toxic agents may cause diarrhea, mucosal irritant gastrointestinal tract, may also disrupt the intestinal microflora and cause overgrowth, as well as vitamin deficiency;
pancreatitis - one of numerous causes of diarrhea (diarrhea) in dogs can be an inflammation of the pancreas;
metabolic disease (mainly liver and kidney disease);
hemorrhagic gastroenteritis - a disease with unknown etiology, accompanied by diarrhea (diarrhea) in dogs with blood;
tumors of the gastrointestinal tract or other organs of the abdominal cavity.
Symptoms Diarrhea (diarrhea) in dogs
- The presence of mucus in the stool or blood;
- Frequent liquid bowel movements bowel;
- Chills, fever, the body temperature increases in dogs;
- Lethargy + diarrhea for several days (2-3 days) with no other symptoms suggestive of food poisoning or there and begin to develop infectious diseases, better play it safe and call your veterinarian for help;
- Loss of appetite (not eating) + diarrhea without other symptoms may be due to receive poor-quality food, this is a normal reaction of the body is also very often a symptom may indicate a heavily infested with worms (parasites), if the dog has a poor appetite + + diarrhea and other symptoms - immediately contact your veterinarian;
- Vomiting in the dog;
- Dehydration of the dog;
- Weight loss;
- Black stool (may be a sign of bleeding in the stomach or intestines - immediately to the vet).
- Increased (reduced) temperature + diarrhea - shows the development of a very dangerous infectious diseases (plague, enteritis, etc.) need urgent hospitalization and treatment;
- Diarrhea (diarrhea) in the dog + discharge from the eyes and nose and / or cough - may be a symptom of the plague, as well as a sign of "kennel" ("captive") cough. In such cases, there is a high mortality rate among the dogs at the first signs refer to the vet URGENT!
If diarrhea (diarrhea) in the dog (puppy) continues for more than one day and your pet are shown above listed symptoms, immediately consult your veterinarian.
Form of diarrhea (diarrhea)
- Acute diarrhea (diarrhea) in the dog: frequent and liquid bowel movements bowel that last up to two weeks if this form of the disorder goes by without the above symptoms, a high probability of occurrence of this disease falls on the low-quality forage. What food to choose - see here for a dry dog food. To overcome this illness and can be on their own. Very often, this form of diarrhea (diarrhea) is shown in dogs decorative rocks (Yorkshire Terrier, Pomeranian, Chihuahua ...) due to hypersensitivity of the stomach and to a wrong diet. If you suddenly do not have coped with the disease for several days (2-3 days), immediately contact a veterinary clinic for help to the vet. Just acute diarrhea in puppies and young dogs (not grafted) may indicate the presence of an infectious disease.
- Chronic diarrhea (diarrhea) in the dog: frequent and liquid bowel movements bowel that lasts more than two weeks. This form of disease caused by chronic disorders (chronic gastritis, enteritis, pancreatitis, intestinal dysbiosis, infectious diseases, etc.).
Diagnosis and screening required for diarrhea (diarrhea) in dogs
complete clinical examination;
examination of stool for the presence of helminths (worms, parasites);
complete blood count;
biochemical blood tests (to check the liver, pancreas and kidneys);
X-rays of the abdominal cavity;
PCR analysis of blood for the presence of viral and infectious diseases.
Treatment of diarrhea (diarrhea) in dogs
- As soon as revealed diarrhea (diarrhea) in the dog, do not feed your pet per day;
- After go on a diet, delete all the fatty foods, feed boiled rice, dairy products (cheese, yogurt low-fat) and low-fat broth;
- If a dog has diarrhea (diarrhea) without other symptoms, and the dog feels pretty good, you can try to give a fragment of chloramphenicol (if the dog decorative Breed: Yorkshire Terrier, Pomeranian, Chihuahua).
- In other cases it is not self-medicate, you can simply apply the diet and consult a veterinarian as diarrhea (diarrhea) in dogs is not an independent disease, but only a symptom, so it is necessary to identify the root cause of the disease and then treat the dog.
If the products and the quantity of food is OK, a possible refusal of food may be easy fasting day that dog myself arranged, we should look at the dog's behavior. If it is fun, play, sports, then do not worry. But if the dog is sluggish, lies, does not behave as it usually is inherent, the refusal to eat may be the first sign that the animal is unwell. In this case, your actions are as follows:
1. Measure the temperature of the dog (to do this, type the tip of the thermometer, after brushing it with petroleum jelly or any other fat, such as butter, then enter a thermometer into the rectum of the animal and hold one and a half to two minutes. If the temperature is time to rise above 38.5 - your pet is ill .
2. Go to the vet as fever in dogs does not mean that it is simple. This may be a sign of anything ranging from fleas and worms and ending banal poisoning. Maybe it's an infectious disease. In this case, do not neglect inspection by a specialist and undergo treatment.
3. Observe the dog for a while. How it behaves, actively whether your pet, whether refusal to eat a single or in a systematic manner. Eventually the dog, like us, people just can not be appetite.
Vomiting in Dogs
Causes of vomiting in dogs
Very often, dog owners are faced with the fact that their pet will examine the trash and eat, "horrible" or a "horrible" is on the street, under the windows of houses and not only (spoiled food, poison, household chemicals, etc. ). This is one of the most frequent causes emesis in dogs. To avoid bad consequences, with such a bad habit, it is necessary to undertake the education and training of dogs (command "fu").
Improper diet (the use of hazardous products).
Intolerance to certain food components.
It is difficult to usvaemaya food.
Foreign body can cause vomiting or stomach hitting a foreign body stuck in the esophagus (bones, needles, chips, etc.).
Worms and parasites.
What is vomiting? Symptoms.
Dogs have the ability to cure itself. Vomiting in dogs - a manifestation of the protective reaction of the body to get rid of junk food or foreign body (bones, rope, wood chips, needles, etc.), poison, toxic substances, etc.
Vomiting - a reflex eruption of stomach contents. The main symptoms of vomiting in dogs have nausea, salivation, restlessness, poor appetite, refusal to eat.
Itself a manifestation of vomiting in dogs is not an independent disease, a symptom of many diseases.
Physiological vomiting in dogs
Vomiting in dogs caused by overeating. Dog during feeding should receive food dispensed, as most dogs do not know the sense of proportion and they have shown excessive appetite. Feed your pet in the same time and follow the dosage (feed or natural food), otherwise excessive feeding the dog lead to digestive system.
Dog regurgitates food for puppies during feeding (half-digested food).
Diseases that cause vomiting in dogs (pathological vomiting in dogs)
Meningitis, encephalitis, abscess, brain tumor - organic disorder of the central nervous system.
In hepatic and renal failure, emesis in dogs can also be accompanied with diarrhea (diarrhea). The reason may be intoxication drugs, poisons circulating in the blood in cases of poisoning (carbon monoxide, chlorine, etc.).
Diseases of the stomach and duodenal ulcers (ulcers, gastritis, stomach tumor). Symptoms: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain. Such gastric vomiting occurs mostly after eating, after 30-60 min.
Disease (lesions) of the intestine, liver and kidneys, inflammation of the peritoneum. E. vomiting occurs as a consequence of antiperistalticheskogo bowel movements, resulting in intestinal contents into the stomach. Symptoms: nausea, vomiting, then food, bile and ultimately feces.
Types of vomiting in dogs
Vomiting of blood (in the gastro-intestinal diseases).
Vomiting with a nasty odor (smell ammiaka- with liver failure, the sweet smell - diabetes, the smell of rot - a problem in the gut or mouth).
Vomiting of diarrhea (diarrhea) and temperature (often with infectious diseases).
Vomiting, refusal of food - often in case of poisoning.
Dog eats grass after manifested vomiting - cleaning the stomach.
Vomiting after a meal (30-60 minutes or more) - in the gastro-intestinal diseases.
The person who first encounters with a difficult situation - vomiting in dogs, it is difficult to independently determine its causes, and a lot of them, it is strongly recommended not to self-medicate and experiments on your pet - all could end very badly.
What to do if the dog vomiting?
Be sure to consult your veterinarian may need to conduct additional studies: X-rays, ultrasound, blood tests, etc. or call the vet at home.
Before the arrival of the vet or before going to the veterinary clinic, in any case, do not scold the dog for soiled items, ensure the overall health of the dog's body and symptoms. Think of everything that happens with the dog for the last 2-3 days (diet, contact with other animals, etc.), measure the temperature of your dog - all this will help in further diagnosis.
How to give first aid in the manifestation of vomiting in dogs?
Do not let the dog food and water for several hours, and maybe more 4-24 hours (depending on the cause, frequency of vomiting, as well as the age and physical condition of the animal), as they may irritate the stomach wall and vomiting starts again. After this time, try to give food in very small portions. If vomiting in dogs showed little need to spend a few days on a diet.
If vomiting in the dog was only once, and then it feels good eating and drinking, there is no danger, the body of the dog cope with the problem itself and from a medical point of view, no cause for concern. Single cause vomiting in dogs - a dog's natural need to rid the stomach of what there is.
If you were able to identify the cause of the vomiting: a sharp change of feed (food), while walking the dog ate grass or debris picked up, in that case, you will need to return to the previous nutrition (food), and replace the feed must be gradual, do not let your dog pick up trash on the street or rummage in it (loan of education and training of your dog). If the dog ate the grass, which caused vomiting, do not worry, the dog took up self-healing (cleansing the stomach).
If vomiting does not stop the dog and appears at regular intervals systematically (with bile, foam, white foam) and there was diarrhea (diarrhea), do not make any recommendations on this article, immediately consult your veterinarian.
The treatment of emesis in dogs
To tackle treatment of vomiting in dogs, you must find out the reason of its origin, that would be correct diagnosis.
For the treatment of such drugs are used:
Nospanum or papaverine - quench abdominal pain (stomach and intestines), relieve spasm;
Smectite deduces toxins;
Omez- to reduce acidity in the stomach;
Reglan - soothes the vomiting center in the brain, resulting in a reduction in the rate of the stomach and intestines.
if the dog throughout the day there were frequent and excessive eruption of the mouth, it leads to dehydration, in this case, require hospitalization dog to a veterinary clinic and put a dropper, that would make up the loss of fluids.
after termination of emesis necessary to "put" the dog on sparing diet for several days (5-7 days) depending on the cause emesis in dogs.
Light diet for dogs
Light diet is low in calories in food: low fat cottage cheese, boiled rice, boiled chicken and beef, in the early days to give food in very small portions and often, after gradually increase the dose and reduce the frequency of feeding. After a certain number of days, gradually move to a regular diet. On the first day of transition proportioning 50% to 50% (50% of normal food, 50% of the dietary food), the second day of the proportion of 75% to 25% and on the third day let's usual food.
Very often, the owners of four-footed friend (dog) face is not as enjoyable process as vomiting. This can be a serious cause for concern, and not so serious. But what to do if a dog vomiting ?! Know not everyone will understand why in detail the steps when you need to sound the alarm and run to the vet what the reasons may be vomiting in dogs, first aid?
Why does the dog trembles and shakes
1. The causes of tremors and quakes state in dogs
Cold. One of the most common reasons why a dog trembles and shakes - low air temperature, feeling cold. Since Chihuahuas York and Spitz small in size dog (up to 3.1 kg), they are very susceptible to temperature decrease. As a man and a dog with a sense of cold instinctively begins to shake and tremble, thus speeding up the flow of blood through your body, to avoid hypothermia. If you notice such a feature of their pet during the cold season (autumn, winter) at home or while walking, always pay your attention to this, and warm your pet.
How warm the dog and prevent shivering?
Now a lot of warm clothing items for a walk that will provide comfort to one hundred percent of the animal (sweaters, sweatshirts, overalls).
If the dog feels cold at home, put a heater in a few meters away from it, but do not leave it running unattended.
Additionally Insulate place to rest and sleep your pet (blanket, bedding).
During the walk after the rain, with the advent of home, be sure to dry the dog hairdryer.
During the trip, if there are no available tools for insulation, push pet to her for his warm up or just keep on hand.
2. Anxiety, fear, fear.
Almost all small breed dogs begin to shake and tremble when experiencing feelings of fear, anxiety and fear. To such as sneezing, yorchika and Spitz can lead a stressful situation, the punishment for the offense dog nuisance or she feels guilty. For example, can lead to a situation where the puppy go to the toilet in a specified place, and after he went to hide or to his house, or somewhere in a secluded place, while he strongly shaking like a leaf, knowing that his will scold. Another obvious example, perhaps, almost every one of you watching when the tiny dog starts to shake and tremble at the sight of a large dog, while feeling a sense of fear and threat, hiding, hiding in a safe place.
The dog may shake and tremble when it is in an excited state. A very simple example of this phenomenon is a foretaste of a loved pet treats, or when he got it, and expect more, and the hops in the bargain. This kind of excitement is very good phenomenon in which the dog feels a sense of happiness and pleasure.
4. Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
Small breed dogs often suffer from hypoglycemia, which is accompanied by uncontrollable shivering, as well as including lethargy, loss of strength. It is easily applied treatment, but if time does not recognize the symptoms and do not take certain measures, there may be the worst symptoms and end all lethal: convulsions, paralysis, and death.
5. Allergic reactions.
If you notice that your dog starts to shake and tremble after a meal, or you have moved to a new food, or it occurs during treatment (supplementation) - is a symptom of an allergic reaction. In this case, go to another food, from which the pet is feeling well, or stop taking the drug and watch your favorite. Otherwise, if the changes did not happen, and you do not see improvement, consult your veterinarian.
The cause of the state of tremor and quake, and may be poisoning (food, toxins, foreign body). The main symptoms of the disease and first aid for its manifestation: the dog vomiting, diarrhea (diarrhea), fatigue, lethargy, fever. If you can not help your pet consult your veterinarian.
Tartar in dogs
Animals as well as people who are in need of oral care, teeth and teach your dog to such procedures need to puppyhood, that she would not take an active perseverance. The most vulnerable to diseases of the mouth and teeth are small and miniature dog breeds: Yorkshire Terrier, Pomeranian, Chihuahua, Toy Terrier, Pekingese, small and miniature poodles, cocker spaniels and many others. Timely oral care and teeth of your pet and their regular examination by a veterinary dentist (eg Yorkshire Terrier, Pomeranian, Chihuahua) - is not only the guarantee of health and strong teeth, according to statistics, these treatments prolong the life of your pet by 20%.
The first veterinary dentist visits should be carried out in the beginning of the change of teeth of your pet (loss of deciduous teeth and replacing them with permanent root). In general, a change of teeth in dogs goes unnoticed and worry-free, but very often in small and toy dogs found false polidontiya - formed when a number of new teeth do not fall out dairy, in which case the teeth in two rows. Most often such a situation can be observed with fangs. These teeth must be removed temporarily or they can serve as a form of malocclusion in the dog.
Removal of milk teeth should be carried out under anesthesia by a veterinary dentist. These teeth are quite long roots (especially the canines) and delete them without anesthesia - a painful procedure. If such a procedure carried out in the home, you risk leaving the root of baby tooth in the gum and the tooth is simply broken off and removed as necessary. In this case, a visit to a veterinary dentist is inevitable.
Signs of tartar and periodontal disease in dogs
Unpleasant odor from the mouth.
Yellow plaque on the teeth.
Tooth discoloration (yellow, bright yellow, brown, yellow-green, black).
Difficulty in eating or feeling pain.
Swelling of the muzzle.
Reel teeth (incisors mainly).
In identifying one of these signs, an urgent need to contact your veterinarian.
Formed as tartar and periodontal disease?
Small breeds of dogs "Yorkshire Terrier (Yorkshire terrier)», «Pomeranian (Pomeranian spitz)», «Chihuahua (Chihuahua)» et al., Prone to dental disease, and early hair loss, as opposed to large dogs.
Why is that ?!
Coming out of the anatomical features of the structure of the jaw and dogs of small decorative rocks - have a small jaw and large teeth relative to its mouth, they grow too close to each other, take for example the front incisors, sometimes they are slightly staggered, and this leads to the fact that food particles are deposited between the teeth, stuck there, turn into yellow plaque (soft touch) - yellow blotch at the base of the teeth.
Running dental care your pet easy, at first glance harmless, yellow plaque changes in its structure becomes more dense and formed hardened plaque - tartar.
Resulting from under gums tartar irritate the gums which promotes growth of bacteria in the oral cavity, such process gives rise to gingivitis.
Gingivitis - progressive inflammation of soft tissue (gum) disease, it can lead to atrophy of the gums and loosening of the teeth.
If time does not stop tooth mobility, there is periodontal disease, hence there is an unpleasant smell from the mouth of the dog. Therefore, if you run a pet dental care, dental calculus becomes very dense structure and bright - yellow (yellow-green, brown, black), with time it can cover the entire surface of the tooth. In this case, first of all begin to disappear front incisors!
Stages of periodontitis
Types of tartar
1) supra (supragingivalny) tartar. When the stone is located above the gums and touches them, so it causes inflammation of the gums - gingivitis. Because of its rough surface, such stone causes mechanical injuries mucosa (cheek, lips and tongue). As a result, developing purulent or ulcerative stomatitis, causing very painful, as a result of the dog may refuse to eat.
2) subgingival (subgingivalny) tartar. Located a stone under the gums, it is difficult to notice, causing inflammation of the gums, supports the multiplication of bacteria in the mouth - it is one of the main causes of periodontitis.
Prevention and treatment of oral and dental
To maintain healthy and strong teeth of your dog, you should regularly inspect the mouth and monitor the condition of the teeth. To prevent the disease teeth and gums should be done regularly brushing your teeth. Currently there are many toothpastes and toothbrushes for dogs.
If the dog teeth formed tartar, you should contact your veterinarian dentist to remove tartar. If your teeth (front incisors) are in the final stages of development of periodontal disease and stagger teeth, urgently need to contact a veterinary dentist to remove the failed teeth under general anesthesia.